Saturday, April 12, 2008

Spring Has Sprung

Well for an entire week now I have been trying to post the good news about last weekend, and the week has passed and we are now back to the weekend. So... I am going to talk about both weekends here. It could get a little confusing, but I am not afraid. Let's plunge on.

On Friday the 4th, I delivered donuts to more great volunteers from our judicial system. This Bar and Bench project has been a true blessing. It sends me marvelous people. Thank you.

Saturday the 5th was incredible. 40 people worked on my house... ladders, ladders, everywhere! It was like a beehive; boards being hauled up to the roof to be nailed in place; siding cut to order and climbing up the side of the house. Awesome! Most of the roof was put on this day.

On Friday the 11th, I took a day off from the office and leant my support to some Colorado UU volunteers. They had some amazing stories to tell about their volunteer efforts all over the world. My friends from the courts were there again. It felt good. 

Today, the boards for the roof are up. The porch roof is not up and it's not really a true roof yet, but if the weather cooperates hopefully it will be completed next weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment