Monday, April 21, 2008

Tar Paper Roof

Didn't get the shingles on like I hoped we would this weekend. But the tar paper is in place, and it looks like this coming weekend will be shingling time.

We did get to open the sacred bucket of paint and start painting. I got a lot of razzing about that. The color wasn't the rich purple I thought I had picked but a lovely orchid and that is okay with me. I am so deliriously happy to be building a home of my own that I can afford, with a studio to do my art, a porch where I can greet my neighbors, a kitchen that I can actually use, and a bathroom where I won't injure myself trying to get in and out of the bathtub, that the color of the outside of the house is just not that important.

Again this weekend the wonderful people from the judicial community, through the 2008 Bar & Bench Project, gave of themselves with joy. And then there are the people who just come in from the universe... a UU youth group from New York state, and a member of a local meditation group who is a friend of a friend. I get by with a little help from my friends. Thank you my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment