Saturday, April 26, 2008

2 Doors, Lots of Lilac Paint


I have doors.

I was late getting to the site this morning. And as I drove up I could see that the crew was putting in the my wonderful new front door. I was ecstatic. 

Yesterday, Friday, no one worked on the house. It's JazzFest weekend in New Orleans, of course nobody was there. I was a bit bummed and afraid no one would show up today, but they did.

Most of the siding is painted, and work on painting the trim is underway. The porch columns have been sheathed in nice clean wood. And I have doors, one in the front and one on the side through the laundry room. It is a house, not just a shell. We didn't get to the shingling, but, hey, next weekend could be the shingling weekend.

I painted a sign and Andrew hung it on the unfinished porch post. It says, A House Built With Love By the World Thru Habitat For Humanity. I think I want another one that says, I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends!

Luv Ya All!

Cherie

No comments:

Post a Comment