Tuesday, May 6, 2008

An Inconvenient Rain

Friday was iffy, overcast and not too humid. We were fortunate it didn't rain until after we finished for the day. I was in Home Depot shopping for ceiling fans when the rains came down. It sounded like a cattle stampede.

Saturday was a different story completely. It was dark and overcast but not raining when I awoke. It still wasn't raining when I left my place, but I had to make a stop on my way to the site and by the time I got there it was coming down in buckets, bathtubs, ocean liners. Andrew was locking the door and all the workers were huddled on the porch waiting for a break in the rain to make their escape. Bummer!

But I am grateful for Friday. I am grateful for all of you who come out to give of yourselves. I am grateful to the wonderful person who made a quilt for me and brought it to me. You all give me courage.


No comments:

Post a Comment