Monday, June 30, 2008

I Need A Home!


I recently got an email from a friend asking why I had not been posting anything about the progress on my house. Well the short answer is there is nothing to report.

There has not been a work day, nor I have been in the house since mid-May. Some work has been going on inside though. I see electrical wires sticking out of the front porch walls where light fixtures would go. This leads me to think that some electrical work has been done. I drove past the house last Saturday and there were three Sewerage and Water Board traffic cones standing on some freshly dug up dirt. I surmise from this that plumbing work has been done. Are they finished? I don't know!

I've been much too depressed to write because what Habitat tells me is that it could take up to three more months. This boggles my mind. More than one person has told me that some Habitat houses have been completed from start to finish in one week.

I've been too depressed to write because my lease expires at the end of July and there is a new tenant moving in after that. Where do I find an apartment that will rent to me for a month... if it is only a month? Perhaps, I will pack up of my stuff and depend on my friends to let me sleep on their sofas until this is over. Maybe, I am too close to the problem and just can't see the answer. All I know is I am soooooooo tired of waiting ...and yes, I am whining.

Luv Ya

Cherie

No comments:

Post a Comment