Friday, November 28, 2008

Perhaps It May Be A Home For The Holidays

It has been a long time coming with small and giant steps forward, and tons of big steps backwards, but, I think, cross your fingers, that my home is very close to being finished.

The house itself is complete. Ben, the new supervisor (he's in the yellow shirt on the right), and I walked through it two Saturdays ago and made a punch list. There were three very minor items on the list.

What needs to be completed is the ramp, the fence, two concrete walkways, and the landscaping, plus any completion certificates that are needed from the city. After the ramp is completed the electricity will be turned on, and we will do another punch list. I don't see this being a problem.

One of the reasons the house is in such good condition is due to a group of volunteers (you can see them in the picture top right) who worked on it for two weeks. They were sensational, meticulous in the care they lavished on the house, and some of the sweetest people I have ever met. All I can do is repeat my mantra, THANK YOU!

Below is a group from Xavier University. These very sweet and capable young people worked on the house one very cold Saturday. I was in awe of their strength at such an early age. I wish I had had that so early on in my life.

My daughter, Rebecca, is now living with me and she has also been helping.

An organization donated furniture to me and there were some lovely things. One was a table created by some Amish craftsmen, all of them signed the bottom of the table. WOW! I am getting so excited.

I could be in my home for the holidays... but no one can tell me if I will be... so, just know that a REEAALLY BIG celebration is coming.

I love you all.

Cherie

No comments:

Post a Comment