Thursday, January 15, 2009

D Day


D-Day (Damn It, It's Mine At Last Day).

The closing is today at 3 PM... and I'm going to celebrate tonight by painting something on one of my walls. Yes, I am going to scribble on MY walls.

I've thought all along this process that Habitat was going to have some kind ceremony when I moved in, but now it appears not to be the case. So at this time I'm thinking about having the party I promised everyone on Sunday afternoon, March 8. The date is not firm yet, but keep it in mind. Everyone is invited. It's going to be a potluck, so consider what you want to bring for the feast.

This has been a long time coming, and the closing is rather anti-climatic, but it means it is mine, mine, all mine, and that means a lot to me.

Move in was actually New Year's Eve, and very hectic. People, as they have all along this journey, gave me tons of help in moving. Despite the cold weather, big trucks that broke down on the top of even bigger bridges, keys that where for some other house, we made it. We crammed all the stuff into every vehicle that we could commandeer. When we got to the house with the first load we couldn't get in. It was the wrong key! Hot soup and cold champagne kept us going as we waited in the cold for replacement keys. Habitat finally got the door open. The second load of stuff was totally uneventful.

And that is how I welcomed in 2009, in my bed (lovingly made by my friends), in my new home (lovingly made by my friends), with a smile on my face (lovingly made by my friends).

I love you all.

Thank you.

Love,

Cherie

No comments:

Post a Comment